Kotlin for Android applications online course 2020
About online course
Kotlin for Android applications online course for high school students will be held by JetBrains Research during 20/21 academic year!
During the course classes participants will develop understanding of Kotlin programming language and Android development best practices. Also students will take part in real mobile app development within small teams (3-4 students) with supervision of skilled teachers.
Participants will study following topics:
- best practices of industrial software engineering,
- Android Studio and IntellijiIdea fine tuning,
- Kotlin programming language syntax and OOP,
- Android architecture,
- Android UI elements,
- Android app testing,
- debug and profiling on real and virtual Android devices.
Apps from previous related events:
- 10-11 grade,
- basic programming skill,
- interest in IT.
Classes will be held ONLINE:
- Webinars where scholars will learn how to use Kotlin for Android App development, Git version control system and IntellijiIDEA / Android Studio IDEs.
- Team meetings during projects development where curators will show most important practices of software engineering.
You will need a desktop computer or laptop for participation which corresponds to following hardware requirements https://developer.android.com/studio#system-requirements-a-namerequirementsa.
Course participation is free of charge. Among the applicants will be a competitive selection based on the form applications.
To apply for participation you have to fill the form before 28.09.20 10:00. Selection results will be ready 29.09.20.
Number of participants is limited!
Contact person - Mark Zaslavskiy (mark.zaslavskiy at gmail dot com)