Oleg leads bioinfomatics group at JetBrains Research laboratory. Works in the laboratory since 2013.
In 2008 Oleg graduated cum laude from the Mathematics and Mechanics Faculty of the St. Petersburg State University. In 2008-2010 he was a Ph.D. student in SPbSU, faculty of mathematics and mechanics, system programming department. Graduated from Bioinformatics Institute in 2012, where he studied Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics. At the moment Oleg is a Ph.D. candidate.
Previously he took part in the development of major JetBrains products: flagship tool IntellIJ IDEA, PyCharm, IdeaVIM (vim emulation plugin, 6+mln downloads), etc. Creator of the Rubymine Integrated Development Environment for Ruby programming language. His main focus was on the analysis of source code in programming languages, starting from lexical analysis to advanced type system development and source code semantic verifications.
His research interests include bioinformatics, machine learning, and information retrieval.
Oleg teaches "Bioinformatics methods for epigenetics data" in Bioinformatics Institute, and mentors student projects in Bioinformatics Institute and Computer Science Center.
More information is available on the LinkedIn profile.
- Speaker at Math Winter School Mathematics in Biology, 2020
- Certificate Deep Learning nanodegree program at Udacity, 2019
- Speaker at Bioinformatics Institute Summer School, Moscow, 2019
- Speaker at Systems Biology Workshop by IFMO university, Bioinformatics Insitute and Washington University in St.Louis, 2019
- Lectures on epigenetics data analysis for system biology masters program at IFMO university: https://research.jetbrains.org/news/epigenetics-data-analysis-tutorial, 2019
- Semi-supervised solution for robust peak calling of Low Input ChIP-Seq, a poster at ECCB, 2018
- Semi-supervised peak calling solution, a poster at Biata: The Second Annual Scientific Conference, from algorithms to applications, 2018
- Machine Learning and Intelligence School, Microsoft Research, 2015
- Yandex school of Data Analysis Conference, Yandex, 2014
More than 10 projects including 2 master dissertations were successfully defended under Oleg's supervision.
Epigenetic changes in aging human monocytes - joint research project of Healthy Aging in collaboration with Maxim Artyomov’s laboratory at Washington University in St. Louis.
Automated Ishikawa Fishbone Diagram construction for epigenetics data
JBR - genome browser with peak calling functionality, multiple locations mode, and more
Semisupervised Peak Analyzer
Pubtrends is a new scientific publications analysis service. Service is available at http://bit.ly/pubtrends
CMeth CompletedCMeth is a tool for analysing and comparing replicated WGBS data
ChipQuery CompletedChipQuery - public epigenomics databases search and analysis
Bioinformatics Institute 2018/19 project abstractsSaint-Petersburg, ISBN 978-5-6043094-2-1, 2019
BioLabs Team lead, Researcher